Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Dreaming by the Sea


Hello Friends! Larissa here with you today with a card I made using the Clip Art Sheets. 
I have been trying to work out of my comfort zone lately and thought about this card being the perfect project for me. 

I started with one of the images from the Clip Art Sheet BY THE SEA

I took the image and transferred it onto a piece of watercolor paper using gel medium. Once it dried I roughed up the edges of the image a little to give it the worn vintage look. I then added some clear sealer to the top of the image.
Once it dried I wanted to tone down the image so I added a pearl shimmer paint to the top. Just a very thin coat. 

 I liked the way it aged the image. Before I adhered the image to the card front I turned it over and sprayed water all over the back. Once it dried I was happy with the way it looked.
I roughed the edges of the card front a little to also give it the vintage look. 
I wanted to add a sentiment to the front but could not find any that I really thought went with the image. So I pulled out my drawer of embellishments and found this little round embellishment that said Dream!
It was perfect. It finished off the vintage look I was going for.
As much as I would love to send this card off to a friend I fell in love with it.
I decided it would look better on my shelf in my studio so I grabbed a 4x6 clear frame I had and slid the card inside.
What do you think?

Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you enjoyed my post.
Have a wonderful day friends. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciate and treasure each and every comment. You make our day by taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Have an uplifting day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...