Saturday, November 16, 2013

Scrapbook Saturday - Tea Time - November Nesting Components


Hi Paper Wings fans! Dana here with you today sharing a layout that I created with the November Nesting Components Mixed Media Kit. One of the photos from the Clip Art Sheet caught my eye and I had a lot of fun putting together this floral tea-themed page.


This kit offered me a much needed escape from my holiday crafting! The pretty Prima patterned papers and flowers took me back to a much warmer and less stressful time, if only for a couple of hours. I also got to play with my neglected floral stamps from the last release!


I started with a white piece of cardstock. I stamped a leaf patterned background with the Leaf Border Clear Stamp Set and brown ink. I added color to the background with Faber-Castell Gelatos. Once the background was dry, I randomly scrapped a light coat of gesso over the page to tone down the color for a more shabby look.


I cut and colored flowers stamped with the Evening Primrose Stamp to add some color around the image.


I colored a white Prima Canvas Flower with Lindy's Stamp Gang Cape Cod Coral Color Shot. I framed a small piece of patterned paper with a Prima Wooden Frame and then covered it with a layer of glaze.

Thanks for stopping by today! We would love to see what you make with Paper Wings Productions Stamps so add your projects to our Flickr Group, our Facebook page or leave a comment here with a link to your project. You can also find Paper Wings Productions on Pinterest, Twitter and YouTube!



5 comments:

  1. Beautiful page, Dana. That image caught my eye, too, and anchored your page beautifully. I love all your flowers, both stamped and dimensional, especially the misted one that came in the kit. Thanks for the inspiration.
    Mindy
    http://mulberrymindy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful page. Love the way you created the page from scratch, painting and stamping the layers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful layout Dana, I love the way you layer and your use of the stamp :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your stamped background and all the details you added!!

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate and treasure each and every comment. You make our day by taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Have an uplifting day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...