Friday, November 22, 2013

Rejoice

Happy Friday, Norma here with you today!!


Katie's beautiful Christmas card really got me into the holiday spirit.  So today I'm sharing a Christmas themed project featuring the beautiful Nov Nesting Components kit and a large variety of PWP stamps.


This is a wooden plaque that I picked up at Marshalls on clearance for .99.  


I love searching for good deals on things that I can alter :D


Okay so I started out by flipping through the 6x6 Prima paper pad in the Nov kit and pulled out several pages to work with.


I cut them into pieces and glued them on using Modge Podge.  Next I used the beautiful Finnabair doily stencil in the kit with some gesso.


All of the papers were beautiful all on their own but I wanted to add a little something, something so I pulled out my PWP stamps.  I used the Sacred Geometry and Wise Man stamp sets with blue ink for a subtle touch.


After that, I created vines using the Leaf border and Text Melange stamp sets.


I dyed the Prima flowers from the kit using Lindy's Stamp Gang spray ink.  I embellished the flowers with one of the Prima buttons then tucked in the crocheted dollies and ribbon.


The clip art sheet in this month's kit has so many sweet images to choose from but I knew right away that this was the one.  I fussy cut her and inked all of the edges.  The sentiment and wise men are both in the Wise Man stamp set.  It reads: out of the silence music, out of the darkness light, out of uncertainty promise, hope was born that night.  Isn't that beautiful?!  If you don't have this stamp set, you need to get it!


I added a stitched canvas heart and REJOICE using the Prima letters included in the kit.  I used Lindy's spay inks to dye the canvas letters.


Oh I forgot to mention that I used the packaging from the stencil for my background layer.  The cute wooden frame is also included in the kit.  

This gorgeous kit sold out really quick!!  I hope you got one and will share what you make with us!!!

Thank you so much for joining today and have a beautiful day :D





9 comments:

  1. This is so gorgeous, Norma!! Such awesome colors for a Christmas project too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Norma, This is beautiful & inspiring, as usual. I'm putting the wise men set on my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome work Norma! I love the script you added to the leaves. This piece underwent quite a transformation! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another amazing piece Norma!! It is stunning!! Those flowers are beautiful!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate and treasure each and every comment. You make our day by taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Have an uplifting day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...